23 July 2012

booksssssssss


Hello, friends! Happy Monday.

tt's been a little slow around the blog of late, largely due to my writerly stuck-in-a-rut-edness. Happily, after having trawled the internet for inspiration, I have stolen something from tumblr (bwahaha) that should keep us all entertained for awhile.


Source: goodreads.com via Mary on Pinterest


[The above picture has nothing to do with anything. Except for the facts that a) I have not seen the movie yet and am slowly dying as a result and b) I also want to read this SO BAD.]

It's called the 30-Day Book Challenge. For 30 posts (in between the posts on other things), I'll be telling you about some of the books I've read, both awesome and not-so-much. Have a look at what we're looking forward to:

Day 1: Favorite book
Day 2: Least favorite book 
Day 3: Book that makes you laugh out loud
Day 4: Book that makes you cry 
Day 5: Book you wish you could live in
Day 6: Favorite young adult book 
Day 7: Book that you can quote/recite 
Day 8: Book that scares you 
Day 9: Book that makes you sick 
Day 10: Book that changed your life 
Day 11: Book from your favorite author 
Day 12: Book that is most like your life 
Day 13: Book whose main character is most like you 
Day 14: Book whose main character you want to marry 
Day 15: First “chapter book” you can remember reading as a child 
Day 16: Longest book you’ve read 
Day 17: Shortest book you’ve read 
Day 18: Book you’re most embarrassed to say you like 
Day 19: Book that inspired you 
Day 20: Book you’ve read the most number of times 
Day 21: Favorite picture book from childhood
Day 22: Book you plan to read next 
Day 23: Book you tell people you’ve read, but haven’t (or haven’t actually finished) 
Day 24: Book that contains your favorite scene 
Day 25: Favorite book you read in school 
Day 26: Favorite nonfiction book 
Day 27: Favorite fiction book 
Day 28: Last book you read 
Day 29: Book you’re currently reading 
Day 30: Favorite coffee table book
Now, I know a lot of you are big-time readers of books, and even occasional writers of same. So I expect your opinions! Recommendations! Scathing reviews! Etc. It'll mean more fun times for all, and as you know, that's what we here at CNV are all about.
This post has gotten a bit long, so I'll take the next one to tell you about My Favorite Book. If you know me in real life, you know how I feel about books. And picking favorite books in particular. Which is almost as perilous as trying to pick an all-time favorite friend (an opinion for another post). So this is really difficult. 
HOWEVER, I do have one in mind already, and if anyone can guess what it is, I will send you a prize. Possibly a copy of said book, if I can! 
Hints: it's YA, it was a National Book Award finalist, and it's pretty dark.
Let the games begin!

1 comment:

I love getting your comments, if only for proof that I'm not just talking to myself.

As always, feel free to say whatever you like - criticism, questions, suggestions, whatever. The best part of blogging is the conversations that come from YOU.