10 August 2012

yeti-free for all of six days now...


Hello, friends!

I've been in Chicago for a little over a week, but it feels simultaneously like it's been barely a day or two and like it's been years. I'm really glad that I didn't know beforehand how exhausting this transition was going to be, because there's a pretty good chance I would have chickened out!

Anyway, first things first: I have an apartment now! I have one roommate, but there will be three of us by October. I moved myself and my two travelling suitcases in on Monday, and my absolutely fantastic boyfriend came up on Tuesday with the rest of my belongings from home.

Here's the photo evidence:

My room, and the air mattress that is my new best friend.

Note the Lookingglass theatre poster. They seem pretty awesome.
I want to see ALL their shows this season.


Believe it or not, it took all day to get to this level of cleanliness.

Living room!

bathroom! (sorry, forgot to auto-rotate things...)

kitchen!

It's quite a nice kitchen, really.


Also, a fancy patio! With a big wicker chair-throne in it.


The view from the fancy patio. 

My observations are still inconclusive, but a lot of the neighbors
seem to have big problems with parallel parking.

Through-the-blinds-stalker-shot of the front courtyard that leads
into my building.

This is gonna look awesome on my Myspace page, guys.

Today has been my first full day at home, as up to now I've been job searching/interviewing all day and rehearsing at Piccolo every night. (Speaking of which, there's a pretty great graphic of the show poster over on the right there, if you want to have a click. If you're going to be in the area, you should come see it!) 
It's nice to have some time to properly unpack and go food shopping (up to this point, I have been too busy to shop/get hungry, and subsisting on travel food - trail mix, as it turns out, has most of the important nutrients that will at least keep you going all day). I even put a dent in my enormous stack of emails...but I can tell that's not going to be completely finished for another day at least.

Anyway, there you have it. My glamorous life as usual! Next week, I will hopefully have some daytime work, so I'll let you know how that goes. Until then - thanks for reading, friends. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. 1. It looks like you sleep in a closet. You are not Harry Potter. GET OUT.

    2. Your kitchen lacks counter space. My cooking adventures are going to be quite interesting. I look forward to the challenge.

    3. Eat real food.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, if only for proof that I'm not just talking to myself.

As always, feel free to say whatever you like - criticism, questions, suggestions, whatever. The best part of blogging is the conversations that come from YOU.