02 May 2011

I'd like a side of Elvis with my eggs, please.

Historically, I am not the biggest fan of mornings. Sometimes I wish I was, but I'm not, and people who chirp happily about fresh new beginnings and early birds and so on are generally faced with my sandy-faced, groggy ire until the first cup of coffee hits.

I am, however, a HUGE fan of the dancings. And music that's good for dancing.

Now, honestly - can you think of anything more fantastic than a dance party with your breakfast?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

Be ye warned - if you're the type who wakes up really massively hungry and empty-feeling in the mornings, this may not be for you (grooving while frying an egg is all well and good, but having a dizzy spell over said egg (plus, you know, fire) is less good). Maybe stick to the slow dances.

Here's the playlist that got me in and out of the kitchen this morning:

Mad Tom of Bedlam (Charlene Kaye & the Brilliant Eyes)
Jailhouse Rock (Elvis)
Love Addict (Family Force 5)
Handlebars (Flobots)
Combat (Flobots)
Factory Girls (Flogging Molly)
Ballroom Blitz (um...Geek Dance? That's what my iPod says...)
Therapy (India.Arie, feat. Gramps Morgan)

Maybe yours would look a bit different. Maybe you're wondering, "Who listens to Family Force 5 first thing in the morning?" Maybe you don't know who any of these people are (if so, you should, they are wonderful). What would your playlist look like?

As always, friends - dance responsibly, and thanks for reading.


Never read this book, but I bet it's AWESOME.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments, if only for proof that I'm not just talking to myself.

As always, feel free to say whatever you like - criticism, questions, suggestions, whatever. The best part of blogging is the conversations that come from YOU.