22 May 2011

update!

Phew… sorry about the long absence, everyone; you know how it is. End of semester, papers to write, packing to put off, last-minute shopping to do, blah blah blah. I'm taking a break from cleaning out my room now, so here's a little update on things:

1. I'm going HOME today!!!!!! 

Well, sort of. Not really today. Actually, I won't properly get there until Tuesday, if you want to get technical about it. Tonight Josh and I take the last train up to Heathrow Airport, because our plane leaves at 6AM and the trains do not run early enough for us to get there in the morning. So, that'll be fun. Wheeee, airport sleepover!
From Heathrow, we go to Zurich. And chill for awhile (about 5 hours, actually). Then we fly from Zurich to Chicago, chill for awhile more ('bout 4 hours, which is OK because we'll have to lug our stuff across the city), catch a 730PM Greyhound bus to St. Louis, and arrive at the truly soul-destroying hour of 2AM, where Josh's father has so kindly agreed to pick us up and drive us home, seeing as we will be jet-lagged out of our minds.
Are you stoked? 'Cause I'm stoked.

2. I haven't forgotten about the Europe series.

It's Not About the Money is on temporary hold, given the upheaval of recent events (finals, moving, blah blah blah), but don't worry! We'll get back to it. I'm drafting the next section right now; I may even dare say you can be expecting it by the end of the week. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, click here!)

3. Future of the blog (dum-dum-DUMMMM....)

Actually, it's not quite as dramatic as all that. Don't freak out :-)
I know a lot of you probably just started reading this because I've been in England, and it has been absolutely wonderful to share this adventure with you. Seriously; knowing you all are supporting me and paying attention and all that has been more help than I can say. On that note, I hope you'll be interested in sticking around for my next adventure: namely, my  ASC internship this summer. I've decided to keep up the blog for that, as there will no doubt be adventures aplenty involved, even as they aren't as exotic as this semester's. If you've been having fun (or at the very least found me a mildly interesting procrastination buddy), stick around! We're far from done yet.

Aaaaand...that's all I have for now. Future topics may include webcomics I've discovered, plays /musicals I've seen recently, the craploads of amazing books I am planning to read when I get home, a certain game I seem to have become obsessed with, and other fun stuffs. If any of that sparks your interest (or if you've got fun suggestions of your own), let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I know that you and Josh already left, but I wish you two safe travels the rest of your journey home - and hopefully you guys avoid the ash clouds from Iceland. I'm so glad I got to meet you this semester, and hopefully I'll see you again one day soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, if only for proof that I'm not just talking to myself.

As always, feel free to say whatever you like - criticism, questions, suggestions, whatever. The best part of blogging is the conversations that come from YOU.