11 September 2012

sending up a quick signal


"Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more."
-Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Oh, hi.

Remember me? I blog here. It's true! I may tend to go AWOL when life stops being fun to write about (I mean, I like to think this is an Amusing Blog, and it's hard to find much amusement in the endless job applications, money challenges, self-doubt, and tear-inducing levels of exhaustion that have been filling my life of late), but I do still exist!

I don't have much in particular to say, except that I'm still searching for a day job, Piccolo's official run of Six Dead Queens is officially underway, and it has just started to get cold here. It was pretty sudden, too - one day it was all hot and sticky like usual, then that night, boom  - cold front. Somewhere, there is a trusty scarf that I really need to dig out and start wearing when I go out at night.




Source: yfrog.com via Lauren on Pinterest

[unsuccessful job searching feels a lot like this sometimes.]


Right now, I am sitting in a coffee shop, mooching their internet (we don't currently have any at le apartment) and answering 1,000 emails while waiting for my digital copy of THEATRE IS EVIL to finish downloading. So far, my computer is being a jerk about it, but I am determined to persevere!

I originally began this post with every intent to move on to #4 in my books series (book that makes you cry), but at first I couldn't think of any specific one, and then I couldn't figure out how to put all my rage-feels about Game of Thrones into a coherent post of non-spoilered words, rather than a mash-up of howls of sheer despair. (And how would you spell a howl of despair, anyway? "Haw-OOOOOOOOOAAAGGHGHGHHGHGHGH EVERYTHING IS ROOOOOOINED." ?) So maybe that'll go up some other time, when I'm feeling more articulate.

For now, though: this is all, from my overworked, underpaid, desperately hopeful and terribly clueless brain: I Live! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments, if only for proof that I'm not just talking to myself.

As always, feel free to say whatever you like - criticism, questions, suggestions, whatever. The best part of blogging is the conversations that come from YOU.