13 March 2012

tech week: day two

Source: imgfave.com via Lauren on Pinterest

I really, really didn't want to get out of bed this morning. But it's hard to argue with that reasoning. Technically, I have gotten 10 hours of sleep in the last 48, so I shouldn't have anything to complain about, but it's hard to remember that when your day starts and ends in the wee hours.

Yesterday was fairly productive, despite being the first Monday after spring break (notoriously awful, as everyone's still coming to terms with the horrifying reality that no, there is no more sleeping-in time to be had, and oh yes, that paper was due today). I managed to clear 80% of the detritus off my desk through productive means, and if that remaining 20% was the things that actually matter, well, that's hardly the point.

Today, in between scholarship/other jobs, I'm going to sit down and do a whole freaking lot of Calc, and try not to think about the fact that the test is on FRIDAY and I hardly know one of the chapters it's over. And maybe I'll get around to ordering a cap and gown. (Graduation? Don't talk to me about graduation. I've got way too much unfinished business around here. And definitely don't talk to me about the fact that I have to spend MONEY on a cap and gown, when we all know that freaking cardboard thing is not going to stay on my head by anything less than an act of God/300 bobby pins, and why is the university charging me for this anyway, haven't I paid them enough by now?) And maybe I'll even finish those job applications that are due...Wednesday...*head/desk*

Does it feel like coffee time to you? I think it's coffee time. Make mine a double, please.
Happy Tuesday, friends, and thanks for reading!


  1. If you want a rather voluminous basic black gown, you can have mine--I got it from someone else, myself.

  2. Take it, take it! You could be BILLOWY. O.O


I love getting your comments, if only for proof that I'm not just talking to myself.

As always, feel free to say whatever you like - criticism, questions, suggestions, whatever. The best part of blogging is the conversations that come from YOU.