25 June 2012

on my way, don't know where I'm goin'...

Source: bit.ly via reyna on Pinterest


I have struck a city - a real city - and they call it Chicago ... I urgently desire never to see it again. It is inhabited by savages.
~Rudyard Kipling

Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
~Confucius


Good morning, friends!

Poughkeepsie is drowning in rain today, and I'm not sure whether I should be planning to walk or row to work, but before I'm off, I thought I'd let you all know that I'll be moving to Chicago in six weeks.

Before you ask: no, I don't yet have a job, apartment, or roommate there. (I'm working on it.) I do, however, have a fair number of friends in and around that fine city, and for maybe the first time in my life I have decided not to put off a decision until I feel "safe" about it and just go boldly in the direction of what I want. Which, in this case, is Chicago. I love the city, and I love the theatre scene there, and I really want to be a part of it. So! Here I go.

Of course, if anyone's got any advice about where to search for jobs/apartments, or friends in the city they'd like to introduce me to (I promise I make a charming houseguest), or any other general input about smart things to do as I embark on this grand adventure, I'm all eyes/ears! Otherwise, just your prayers/support/general good vibes are very much appreciated. I will, of course, let you know as things develop.

Thanks for reading; we'll talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments, if only for proof that I'm not just talking to myself.

As always, feel free to say whatever you like - criticism, questions, suggestions, whatever. The best part of blogging is the conversations that come from YOU.